Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random Music Post


These songs have been on loop in my head (in my head. zombie zombie zombie!). Thought I'd share the obsession.

Ok, this lady is a rapper from France, right? It's been a while since I've really listened to any French music, I'm a lapsed Francophile. I dig her voice. And the fact that she's not five pounds. Finding a translation has been maddening but even without the lyrics, this song haunts me. The best I can tell, it's about Romeo + Juliet. *sighs at romanticized violence* I hope the melody haunts you too.


Anais is another french singer. This song was originally done by The Blood Arm and endlessly winds up stuck in my head. I like the French version better and, of course, Anais' voice. So pretty.

La Roux, not French this time (Canadian), is the aural equivalent of speed.
Next, some classic Ani. *sigh* Actually, a cover. THE MOST AMAZING COVER EVER. This is not an overstatement. This lady punches me in my gut every time she opens her mouth to sing.
Last, but not least, Ellis. Not only is her voice really pretty, she may be the most adrable person ever. This is not an overstatement
.
Ok, maybe not last. I recently discovered this song by Dar Williams not long ago. This song made me cry like a frickin baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment